Click to Skip Ad
Closing in...

Bond Producers Put Number 23 On Hold

Photo of Anne Thompson By Anne Thompson | Thompson on Hollywood January 5, 2010 at 12:15AM

Writer Peter Morgan (The Queen) worked on a first draft of Bond 23 that he described as a "shocking story" from July until October last year, followed by regular writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. But EON Productions has put pre-production work on the film on hold pending the resolution of distributor MGM's sale, reports Bond site Mi6. Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli told Total Film Magazine: "Our timeline's a little up in the air what with the situation at MGM, so we have to be flexible. We just don't know enough about the situation to comment, but we know it's uncertain."
0
Thompson on Hollywood

Writer Peter Morgan (The Queen) worked on a first draft of Bond 23 that he described as a "shocking story" from July until October last year, followed by regular writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. But EON Productions has put pre-production work on the film on hold pending the resolution of distributor MGM's sale, reports Bond site Mi6. Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli told Total Film Magazine: "Our timeline's a little up in the air what with the situation at MGM, so we have to be flexible. We just don't know enough about the situation to comment, but we know it's uncertain."

Another film caught in the MGM warp is Guillermo del Toro's The Hobbit, which according to producer Fran Walsh, was set to begin casting in mid-December in New Zealand.

This article is related to: Franchises, Genres, Studios, News, James Bond, Sequel, MGM/UA


E-Mail Updates