By Sophia Savage | Thompson on Hollywood July 21, 2011 at 8:00AM
1. Robert Pattinson: "Shooting in Brazil, people would literally stop and try to grab you [on the streets]."
2. There was an extra that looked just like Taylor Lautner on the Brazil set, he says; "they showed me a picture and I even thought it was me."
3. As to whether the franchise will continue, director Bill Condon says; "It's the end of the Bella story…but there's so many characters, that I suspect [author Stephanie Meyer will] want to visit them at some point."
4. The vibe on Breaking Dawn was "really intimate, I think they did a really good job, letting us be creative," says Lautner. "They protected us," agrees Kristen Stewart.
5. On healing with everything Bella goes through in Breaking Dawn, Stewart says; "I can't draw the line between myself and the stuff that I do. It's funny,..with everything I do, it's hard for me to take myself out of it. I've been filming for four years, since I was seventeen,..[Breaking Dawn] is full of cathartic, impactful moments,..very rooted in a reality I can really see myself in…you have to let the moments happen, and I did. I think it's really close to the book, really sincere telling the story."
6. Condon confirms, "There is no bigger fan of Twilight then Kristen…she's always pushing, pushing, pushing [to do justice to the character]."
7. Lautner can't pick a favorite scene; "I can't choose! It's impossible for me to choose. Jacob changes so much from beginning to end."
8. Stewart is glad it's not a small indie film, even with all the press; "If this was a tiny little indie movie that ran at Sundance we would not be able to do the series justice. It's nice to be indulgent, it's nice to shoot for six months with an a-lister [Condon]. I mean, sure, we wouldn't be sitting here, we'd be in some cool snowy loft. [But] there's no difference, we'd probably have the same conversation."
9. Pattinson says; "Kristen literally only watches the cooking channel…She has a TV in the makeup trailer that is always on…TVs on all the time in every room."
10. Stewart says; "Taylor can dance and he never wants to say that. He can move his hips better than I will ever move."
BONUS: As for all his middle-aged female fans, Pattinson says; "I'm not creeped out at all by it. It's kind of--I guess to be creeped out by it you'd have to be creeped out by middle-aged women, and I'm not. Different strokes for different folks."
EARLIER: Twi-hards have been waiting in line for days, and the payoff is almost here. It started with a surprise breakfast delivered from The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 stars. Then, after this morning's early press conference, the cast will appear in Hall H for fans to envelop. Breaking Dawn - Part 1 opens November 18. Elizabeth Reaser, Ashley Green, Nikki Reed and other co-stars kick off the press conference:
They filmed both Part 1 and Part 2 at the same time. Reaser jokes, "Which uncomfortable shoes am I wearing today? That's how I would keep track of which film we were shooting that day." As for whether Greene is sad that shooting the series is over, she's just glad the experience was all captured on film for her to remember it with: "I've grown up a little bit playing this character." Before booking their roles in the franchise, were they vampire fans? Greene was: "There is something very seductive about vampires."
The extremes from fans can be a bit odd, says Reaser, "like when Taylor was still a boy and much older ladies were talking about his body, that was just really..."