- Director John Hillcoat is following up The Road with prohibition-era thriller The Wettest County in the World, penned by Nick Cave, with Shia LaBeouf and Tom Hardy attached to play bootleggers. This is set to shoot in the spring, from Red Wagon, the producers of Girl, Interrupted and Jarhead.
- Mark Wahlberg is wasting no steam while The Fighter's buzz builds, gearing up to produce and star in LA based sci-fi-alien-robot project The Raven (not John Cusack's Edgar Allen Poe project). The film began as a short; writer Justin Mark is extending it into a feature.
- And now, Movieline has posted a retelling of ten of the most ridiculous casting and/or development rumors of the year. The top five include:
5. Ridley and Tony Scott will take over MGM
4. Martin Scorsese and Lars von Trier will collaborate on a remake of Taxi Driver
3. Russell Crowe and Beyonce Knowles will lead the latest Star is Born remake
2. George Lucas is developing a new trilogy of Star Wars films
1. Heath Ledger will make a posthumous cameo in The Dark Knight Rises