By Sophia Savage | Thompson on Hollywood May 29, 2012 at 2:51PM
Scoggins is the founder of ItsontheGrid.com, a film industry database he sold to The Wrap News, Inc., in 2011. He is a former television literary agent who began his career as a trainee at International Creative Management before moving to the Gersh Agency and Writers & Artists. He continues to co-write The Scoggins Report, a weekly newsletter that concentrates on the day-to-day film development business and is renowned for its coverage of the pitch and spec screenplay marketplaces.
Scoggins will join Christian Paris, who serves as President of FilmFunds 3D, which polls public opinion on the most popular films audiences want to see in 3D and will then offer conversion services to content owners through 3D LiveFlix technology. Paris joined FilmFunds when it acquired Duran Duboi USA in December 2011. Joshua L. Weinstein also joins FilmFunds as Head of Content, where he will oversee the site’s News section serving as editor-in-chief and working with a staff of writers to develop features and original content. Weinstein previously was a reporter for The Wrap, as well as a freelancer at Variety and writer for the largest newspapers in Maine and Florida.
• Movie lovers can browse through film and television projects, decide which should get pushed towards production, and promote them. FilmFunds will offer rewards to its most active users such as fun movie swag, signed script copies, even a producer credit on movies that they help get made.
• FilmFunds Bankers is a new service that matches filmmakers to organizations that offer funding for films.
• Professional and aspiring filmmakers will have access to a comprehensive database of industry-leading news and analysis of the film and TV development markets and to a broad variety of other content targeted directly at their unique interests.
• In the Talent section, actors are given instant access to filmmakers and fans, after they upload their filmography, resume and demo reels. This allows them to be considered for casting with filmmakers and establish a following with fans.
• The site will continue to expand its news and blog sections with original interviews and regular features. Movie lovers everywhere will enjoy an extensive range of movie-related features, and will be able to connect with Hollywood in a new and personal way.