By Anne Thompson | Thompson on Hollywood July 13, 2009 at 2:39AM
It's no surprise that as of Monday AM in advance of a Wednesday opening, MovieTickets.com is reporting over 1,300 sold out showings for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince worldwide, including over 950 stateside midnight sellouts.
By 1:30 PM Eastern Time Monday, 93 % of all tickets sold at MovieTickets.com were Half-Blood Prince, which is currently outpacing seven of the Top 10 Total Ticket Sellers of All-Time, only coming in behind No. 1, Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, No. 2, The Dark Knight and No. 4, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
· No. 3 Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
· No. 5 The Passion of the Christ
· No. 6 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
· No. 7 Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
· No. 8 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
· No. 9 Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
· No. 10 Matrix Reloaded
I do recommend seeing Half-Blood Prince on IMAX, because it is so impeccably made that it will withstand that level of scrutiny. In this week's Movietickets poll, among 3516 people voting, 57% will see the movie before it opens on IMAX July 29; 29% plan to see it in both theaters and IMAX, and 14% will wait for the IMAX debut.
Originally posted on Variety.com