Since this is a popularity vote, "Shrek" lands a spot above "Taxi Driver."
Top 10 Most Popular Cannes Films
1. Pulp Fiction (dir. Quentin Tarantino, 1994)
2. Inglourious Basterds (dir. Quentin Tarantino, 2009)
3. Sin City (dirs. Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino 2005)
4. No Country for Old Men (dirs. Joel and Ethan Coen, 2007)
5. Shrek (2001, dir. Andrew Adamson, Vicky Jenson)
6. Taxi Driver (dir. Martin Scorsese, 1976)
7. El laberinto del fauno (Pan's Labyrinth) (dir. Guillermo del Toro, 2006)
8. Apocalypse Now (dir. Francis Ford Coppola, 1979)
9. Drive (dir. Nicolas Winding Refn, 2011)
10. L.A. Confidential (dir. Curtis Hanson, 1997)
Meanwhile, Daniel Walber over at Film.com has ranked all 66 Palme d'Or winners from worst to best, with Jerry Schatzberg's "Scarecrow" and David Lynch's "Wild at Heart" undeservedly placed as some of the worst entries.