By Beth Hanna | Thompson on Hollywood May 14, 2013 at 12:35PM
Criterion has posted Jane Campion's "Top 10" list, in which she ranks her favorite titles put out by the prestigious DVD and Blu-ray company. The list includes only nine films, but among them are Jean-Luc Godard's "Contempt," Federico Fellini's "La Strada" and Yasujiro Ozu's "Tokyo Story." Full list below.
Campion will receive the Carosse d'Or and head the Short Film and Cinefondation jury at Cannes later this week. The director's excellent mystery series, "Top of the Lake," which she co-wrote, produced and directed in part, recently concluded on the Sundance Channel.
You can read Campion's comments on each film here.
Campion's Top 9 for Criterion:
1. The Seven Samurai (dir. Akira Kurosawa, 1954)
2. The Night Porter (dir. Liliana Cavani, 1974)
3. The Firemen's Ball (dir. Milos Forman, 1967)
4. That Obscure Object of Desire (dir. Luis Bunuel, 1977)
5. Contempt (dir. Jean-Luc Godard, 1963)
6. Tokyo Story (dir. Yasujiro Ozu, 1953)
7. La Strada (dir. Federico Fellini, 1954)
8. Scenes from a Marriage (dir. Ingmar Bergman, 1973)
9. Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto (dir. Hiroshi Inagaki, 1954)