We can't seem to get enough of the Kennedys.
Morgan Freeman, Robert DeNiro and Ed Harris are prepping to perform in a tribute as the three Kennedy brothers Edward, Robert and John, Greg Kinnear is going to play JFK for cable's The Kennedys, and Matt Damon has expressed interest in playing RFK, pending the script by Steven Knight (Eastern Promises) based on the biography Robert Kennedy: His Life by Evan Thomas. Director Gary Ross (Seabiscuit) has been wanting to make this biopic since 2002. Bostonian Damon is nervous about playing RFK, he told Today's Matt Lauer: "Where I come from, he's a pretty important person and it's a lot of responsibility."
Damon is well aware of the many Bobbys past to be judged against. The Kennedy brothers have been portrayed repeatedly in the last decades on TV and cable and in movies, from Bruce Greenwood and Steven Culp in 2000's Thirteen Days (83% on the Tomatometer) to Cliff Robertson as young hero JFK in 1963's PT 109, which airs April 29 at 8:00 PM on Turner Classic Movies. Martin Sheen has actually played both men; Bobby in TV movie The Missiles of October and John in TV miniseries Kennedy.
Check out this Kennedy line-up:
• Thirteen Days (2000) - Steven Culp
• Bobby (2006) - Dave Fraunces (don’t see his face)
• The Rat Pack (1998, TV Movie) - Zeljiko Ivanek
• Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy (1981, TV Movie) - James F. Kelly
• The Missiles of October (1974, TV movie) - Martin Sheen
• Kennedy (1983, TV miniseries) - John Shea
• The Kennedys of Massachusetts (1990, TV miniseries) - Will Garner (child), Casey Affleck (teenager), Randle Mell (adult)
• PT 109 (1963) - Cliff Robertson
• Thirteen Days (2000) - Bruce Greenwood
• Watchmen (2009) - Stimely
• The Rat Pack (1998, TV Movie) - William Peterson
• Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy (1981, TV Movie) - James Franciscus
• The Missiles of October (1974, TV movie) - William Devane
• Kennedy (1983, TV miniseries) - Martin Sheen
• The Kennedys of Massachusetts (1990, TV miniseries) - Steven Weber
[Sophia Savage contributed to this report.]