The Los Angeles Film Festival has revealed its lineup for the 2014 edition of the fest. Included is the premiere of Clint Eastwood's "Jersey Boys" (as the closer), and gala screenings of Ira Sachs' "Love Is Strange," Justin Simien's "Dear White People" and Hossein Amini's Patricia Highsmith adaptation "The Two Faces of January."
Meanwhile, Bong Joon-ho's "Snowpiercer" is opening the fest.
Here's the complete program (NOTE: the Short Films program is not included, but is live on the LAFF website):
Narrative Competition (9): The Narrative Competition is comprised of films made by talented emerging filmmakers that compete for the Filmmaker Award. The winner is determined by a panel of jurors, and films in this section are also eligible for the Audience Award for Best Narrative Feature or Best International Feature.
· 10 Minutes, Dir. Lee Yong-Seung, South Korea. North American Premiere.
· Comet, Dir. Sam Esmail, USA. World Premiere.
· Lake Los Angeles, Dir. Mike Ott, USA. World Premiere.
· Man From Reno, Dir. Dave Boyle, USA. World Premiere.
· Recommended By Enrique, Dir. Rania Attieh, Daniel Garcia, USA/Argentina/France. World Premiere.
· Runoff, Dir. Kimberly Levin, USA. World Premiere.
· Someone You Love, Dir. Pernille Fischer Christensen, Denmark. North American Premiere.
· Uncertain Terms, Dir. Nathan Silver, USA. World Premiere.
· The Young Kieslowski, Dir. Kerem Sanga, USA. World Premiere.