The Producers Guild of America announces the winners of its Producers Showcase (ProShow) competition, in conjunction with their Produced By Conference. The ProShow aims to "help film producers initiate business relationships, co-develop compelling projects and spearhead investment involving the producing community, a panel of financiers, as well as local and international film commissions."
The ten winning projects, listed below, will attend the PBC for free and benefit from an exclusive industry marketplace for their films. Stu Levy, chair of the PGA Producers showcase says; "the winners will have the rare chance to network with an extraordinarily exclusive group of individuals to co-develop their projects and find funding. I’m excited to see what the future holds for the winners.”
PBC, in association with AFCI Locations, will take place June 3-5, 2011 at The Walt Disney Studios.
The 2011 ProShow accepted submissions for both international and domestic projects. The distinguished winning projects (and producers) of the 2011 ProShow competition, listed alphabetically include:
· 7 ON ICE – Robert Gill (Canada)
· BAND OF ANGELS – Dana Kuznetzkoff (USA)
· HIGHWAYS TO WAR – Naomi Wenck (NSW, Australia)
· SABLE ISLAND RADIO – Christopher Zimmer (NS, Canada)
· SIGHTINGS - 3D – Sean Hoessli (USA)
· SPAIN IN FLAMES – Pepe Flores Caballer (Spain)
· THE CALLING – Sung-Cheol Sean Kim (Korea)
· THE SECRET RIVER – Stephen Luby (Vic., Australia)
· THE STRAW HAT DETECTIVE – John Andrews (USA)
· WHERE DID WENDI GO – Trevor Richardson (USA)