By Anne Thompson | Thompson on Hollywood October 6, 2013 at 10:48PM
Quentin Tarantino sat out the ten best lists last year because he was in fevered production on "Django Unchained." This year he has already posted his alphabetical ten best list of 2013 so far on his site.
While the Oscar-winner is an Academy member, don't look for his taste to be replicated by the Academy at large. Of his list, I could see Richard Linklater's "Before Midnight," Woody Allen's "Blue Jasmine" and Alfonso Cuaron's "Gravity" gaining real traction with Oscar voters.
1. Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2. Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3. Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4. The Conjuring (James Wan)
5. Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6. Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7. Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
8. Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9. The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
10. This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)