Miss Brodie would like to remind all participants that there are no correct answers, only thoughtful ones, though she reserves the right to arch an eyebrow in quizzical disbelief or outright cynicism if she deems your responses lazy, insufficiently elaborate or otherwise lacking in the standard of thoroughness and honor which is the hallmark of study amongst these hallowed halls. So, no pressure, only a reminder that the more windy and discursive answers are the ones most favored— clipped, blunt, one or two-word answers should be reserved for Professor Walter Hill’s upcoming class on Macho Codes and Aesthetics.
Also, and this is very important, please be sure, when answering in the comments thread below, to cut and paste the questions along with your answers so that Our Dear Readers, to say nothing of poor Miss Brodie, don’t have to continually scroll up and down the page to reference the context of the disembodied answers you’ve taken such time and care to craft.
And be motivated not only by the desire to rise to the occasion of this momentous quiz, but also by the rumor that Miss Brodie has offered to bestow upon some lucky student, whose answers delight her most, one of the instructor’s prized portraits of Benito Mussolini as a show of appreciation. (There is also a rumor that the portrait will be signed, though whether by Miss Brodie or His Excellency Il Duce it is unclear.)
There you have it. Now, off you go. Do well. Pencils up, and begin!
1) The classic movie moment everyone loves except me is:
2) Favorite line of dialogue from a film noir?
3) Second favorite Hal Ashby film?
4) Describe the moment when you first realized movies were directed as opposed to simply pieced together anonymously.
5) Favorite film book?
6) Diana Sands or Vonetta McGee?
7) Most egregious gap in your viewing of films made in the past 10 years?
8) Favorite line of dialogue from a comedy?
9) Second favorite Lloyd Bacon film?
10) Richard Burton or Roger Livesey?
Place your answers to these and the remaining questions of this quiz here.