By Beth Hanna | Thompson on Hollywood January 17, 2013 at 1:25PM
The Sundance Institute and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation announces the members of the Sloan Jury at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. Included are director Darren Aronofsky (who launched his career with "Pi" over a decade ago in Park City) and writer Scott Burns ("Side Effects," "Contagion"). Full list below.
2013 marks the 10th anniversary of the Alfred P. Sloan Science in Film Initiative, a collaboration with Sundance to support film projects that explore science or technological ideas, or that depict scientists, engineers or mathematicians in engaging new ways.
The members of the 2013 Sloan jury are:
- Paula Apsell (Senior Executive Producer, Nova and Nova ScienceNow, Director, WGBH Science Unit)
- Darren Aronofsky ("Black Swan," "The Fountain," "Pi")
- Scott Burns (writer, "Side Effects," "Contagion," "Pu-239," "The Informant" and producer, "An Inconvenient Truth")
- Dr. André Fenton (Professor of Neural Science at the Center for Neural Science at New York University)
- Dr. Lisa Randall (Frank B. Baird, Jr., Professor of Science, Harvard University, author of Knocking on Heaven’s Door: How Physics and Scientific Thinking Illuminate the Universe and the Modern World)