The Telluride Film Festival has announced the official program selections of its 40th edition. Included in the lineup are Alfonso Cuaron's "Gravity" (TOH! Venice review here) starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, Jason Reitman's "Labor Day," starring Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin, Ralph Fiennes' "The Invisible Woman," starring Fiennes, Felicity Jones and Kristin Scott Thomas, John Curran's "Tracks," starring Mia Wasikowska, and Jonathan Glazer's "Under the Skin," starring Scarlett Johansson. Full lineup below.
Films from Cannes making their way to Telluride include Abdellatif Kechiche's Palme d'Or winner "Blue Is the Warmest Color," the Coen brothers' "Inside Llewyn Davis," J.C. Chandor's Robert Redford starrer "All Is Lost," Asghar Farhadi's "The Past" and Alexander Payne's "Nebraska."
Perusing the program on the charter plane from Los Angeles to Montrose were Jason Reitman, Palme d'Or winner Bruce Dern ("Nebraska"), film critics Scott Foundas, Leonard Maltin, Joe Morgenstern and Todd McCarthy and filmmaker Mark Cousins, who is showing a documentary about children in film.
The Coens will be attending the fest for the first time, along with Robert Redford, as both are getting the Telluride Tribute treatment.
Alex Gibney's "The Armstrong Lie," which is screening at both Venice and Toronto, is absent from the lineup, as is James Gray's Cannes entry "The Immigrant." Also missing from the official announcement are several films expected to be TBAs: Steve McQueen's "12 Years a Slave," starring Chiwetel Echiofor and Michael Fassbender (there's a panel on the schedule) and Denis Villeneuve's"Prisoners," starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal.
40th Telluride Film Festival is proud to present the following new feature films to play in its main program, the ‘SHOW’:
· ALL IS LOST (d. J.C. Chandor, U.S., 2013)
· BEFORE THE WINTER CHILL (d. Philippe Claudel, France, 2013)
· BETHLEHEM (d. Yuval Adler, Israel, 2013)
· BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR (d. Abdellatif Kechiche, France, 2013)
· BURNING BUSH (d. Agnieszka Holland, Czech Republic, 2013)
· DEATH ROW: BLAINE MILAM + ROBERT FRATTA (d. Werner Herzog, U.S., 2013)
· FIFI HOWLS FROM HAPPINESS (d. Mitra Farahani, U.S., 2013)
· THE GALAPAGOS AFFAIR: SATAN CAME TO EDEN (d. Dan Geller, Dayna Goldfine, U.S., 2013)
· GLORIA (d. Sebastián Lelio, Chile, 2013)
· GRAVITY (d. Alfonso Cuarón, U.S./U.K., 2013)
· IDA (d. Pawel Pawlikowski, Poland, 2013)
INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS (d. Joel and Ethan Coen, U.S., 2013)