On the heels of the release of his well-reviewed Netflix series "House of Cards," folks are wondering if Fincher will return to Sony's lower-budget "The Girl Who Played with Fire," with or without Daniel Craig, or do big-scale "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea." Fincher hints that he wants to go small scale and direct music videos again. He's aiming to team up with Justin Timberlake for his song "Suit and Tie." The director got his start with music videos for Madonna, Billy Idol, Aerosmith, and Nine Inch Nails.
- Judd Apatow wants to make a sequel to "This is 40" that focuses on his children. “I'm interested in it with Leslie and Paul's characters, but I’m even more interested in Maude and Iris,” Apatow said of his actual daughters, both of whom starred in "This is 40" and "Knocked Up." He says that he will most likely set the comedy when Maude's character Sadie goes to college. In a typical Apatow moment of honesty, he jokes: “Or maybe I’m just lazy and this is a great way to make home movies."
- The Directors Guild of America honored Ben Affleck, Lena Dunham, "Searching for Sugar Man" for best documentary, Rian Johnson for his work on "Breaking Bad," and Jay Roach for his cable movie "Game Change." TOH coverage of the DGAs here.
- The 17th annual Art Director Guild Awards honored "Anna Karenina," "Life of Pi," and "Skyfall." HBO's "Girls" was awarded with the half-hour TV series, while HBO's "Game of Thrones" won for hour-long TV series. Complete list of winners and TOH analysis here.
- Disney's animated comedy "Wreck-It-Ralph" cleaned up at this year's Annie Awards. The movie won five awards, including best animated feature and best director. TOH Annie coverage here.
- The NAACP's Image Awards honored Jamie Foxx as entertainer of the year, where Denzel Washington won best actor for "Flight" and Viola Davis earned a best actress award for "Won't Back Down." Don Cheadle won best actor in a comedy series for "House of Lies," Kerry Washington was named best actress in a drama series for her work in "Scandal." Look at the full list of winners here.
- Emily VanCamp of ABC's Hamptons-set soap "Revenge," lands the lead female role in "Captain America: the Winter Soldier." She was reportedly against Alison Brie, Teresa Palmer, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, "Games of Thrones" stars Emilia Clarke, and Jessica Brown-Findlay of "Downton Abbey." Not too much info yet on what the role will entail for the Russo Brothers-directed movie.