Thanks a lot, Danielle. Since it appears the other tagged individuals are actually stepping up to the plate, I guess I will too. Let it be known that I'm probably not in the best frame of mind to be participating in this exercise, but I'll do my best.
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.
EIGHT THINGS ABOUT MIKE THAT HE PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE TELLING YOU
1. In fifth grade, I auditioned for the school talent show by singing REO Speedwagon's "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore." During the instrumental break I just stood there. Not wanting to hurt my feelings and reject me outright--even the retarded kid who performed a flailing, impromptu karate dance made the cut--the powers-that-be suggested I try another song. They were kind enough to grant me a last-shot audition in front of the entire fifth grade a few days later. This time, I decided to go uptempo. I chose Billy Ocean's "Carribean Queen." At that point, there was nothing else they could do but spare me further humiliation and reject me once and for all.
2. In seventh grade, I had the most perfect opportunity ever to make out with a girl that I had a butterfly-inducing crush on, but I was too scared to take the plunge and so I did nothing.
3. When I was twenty-one-years old and about to graduate college, I shat my pants one day in the campus parking lot, in broad daylight. Yes, I was stone-cold sober. Don't ask.
4. I have woken up and not remembered driving home. More than many times.
5. In the past seven days I have thought to myself, "Maybe I should try acting."
6. I would rather watch Maryland win another National Championship than win my very own Oscar.
7. Until a year ago, I was 100% convinced that I would find that special someone and have a pleasant future with a wife. Now I'm not so sure.
8. Deep down, I really do like my life.
And now I must keep the wheels spinning (though there are only six of them)...