Here’s the list:
1. The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson, USA)
2. Tabu (Miguel Gomes, Portugal/Germany/France)
3. Amour (Michael Haneke, France/Germany/Austria)
4. Holy Motors (Leos Carax, France/Germany)
5. Beasts of the Southern Wild (Benh Zeitlin, USA)
= Berberian Sound Studio (Peter Strickland, UK/Germany)
7. Moonrise Kingdom (Wes Anderson, USA)
8. Beyond the Hills (Christian Mungiu, Romania/France/Belgium)
= Cosmopolis (David Cronenberg, Canada/France/Portugal/Italy)
= Once Upon a Time in Anatolia (Nuri Bilge Ceylan, Turkey/Bosnia & Herzegovina)
= This is Not A Film (Jafar Pahani & Mojtaba Mirtahmaseb, Iran)
Film details says that 100 people were polled but we don't know who they are, the exact time frame covered, or any other information that could let us break down the list, but we know that there are some worthy women directed films that should be in the list. Wuthering Heights by Andrea Arnold? Zero Dark Thirty by Kathryn Bigelow? Your Sister's Sister by Lynn Shelton?
Who else would you include?
Sight And Sound's Top Films of 2012 (FILM Detail)