The Hollywood Reporter has compiled a list of the top 50 showrunners in comedy and drama.
There are a total of 15 women on the list. 6 in comedy and 10 in dramas. Several women are responsible for more that one show including the female crew who run all the CSI's; Shonda Rhimes; and Stephanie Savage (who has a couple of shows on the CW.)
Five women are in partnerships with male showrunners.
Shows had to have been on at least one season for the showrunner to be considered.
Salim and Mara Brock Akil - The Game (BET)
Jenny Bicks - The Big C (Showtime)
Liz Brixius and Linda Wallem - Nurse Jackie (Showtime)
Tina Fey and Robert Carlock - 30 Rock (NBC)
Suzanne Martin - Hot in Cleveland (TV Land)
Veena Sud - The Killing (AMC)
Here's how the list was compiled
1. Direct responsibility for the day-to-day creative output of a scripted TV show that has aired for at least one full season (unless he or she also had another show on the air).
2. How prolific the showrunner is: Those with more shows on the air were more likely to be included.
3. Nielsen ratings, especially relative to other shows on the same network.
4. Emmy attention and critical praise.
5. Professionalism and reputation among studio and network executives.
Top 50 Power Showrunners 2011 (Hollywood Reporter)