By Melissa Silverstein | Women and Hollywood October 24, 2013 at 12:07PM
After almost a year and a half, Kerensa Cadenas will be moving on from the day to day work of helping me edit and write Women and Hollywood.
In the time Kerensa has worked on the site it has grown by leaps and bounds, and I hope and plan to continue that growth under the next news editor.
Here's what I am looking for:
- A person with a passion for pop culture and women's issues. (If you don't watch TV or like movies, and don't care about how women are portrayed in the media, this is not the position for you. Also if you have any issues with the word feminism, and/or writing about feminism and popular culture, this is not the job for you.)
- A person who can write and edit quickly. As the news editor your main job is to craft blog posts from a work flow google document that is the bible of Women and Hollywood.
- A person who can supervise an intern working on our weekly newsletter of films opening.
- A person who is comfortable working on their own and is a self starter.
- A person who is comfortable working on the internet. Things happen fast online and it is our job to keep up and keep people informed. (We will teach you the Indiewire CMS.)
Other activities include: research, covering film festivals, editing guest posts, columns and cross posts among other things.
*** This is not an entry level position. You need to have at least 2 years writing and editing, preferably online.
The pay is $14 per hour. The position is for 20-25 hours per week. (You do not need to live on the east coast, but if you are west coast based, be prepared that you will need to start very early.)
To apply for the position, send a cover letter, resume and at least one writing sample (preferably on topic) to email@example.com.
Applications are due by November 1. The position will begin in early November.